Move through the booby traps

When we set off on a course of internal investigation, we meet many sides of our self we may not expect: defiance, innocence, and isolation. As we navigate our internal seas with grace, we begin to understand that everything we've internalized isn't necessarily true. Our spirit offers an alternative to our mind games.

Down the rabbit hole we go.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sacred Sites and our Sacred Home

Happy 2013.

My family and I are in Santa Fe where the desert is timeless and sacred prayers ooze out of the earth.   There are many sanctuaries to visit in this area. I love spending time at sacred sites.  They remind me to bring the sacred into my daily physical life at home.  

When I traveled to Epidaurus in Greece to visit the ancient theatre there, I had an amazing experience with sacred geometry within the structure of the theatre. I stood on the stage, a dirt area beneath 20,000 seats built over 2000 years ago. I stood on one spot, a cement marker, a foot in diameter and I spoke in a normal voice.  
 
As I spoke,  I could feel the weight of the sound of my voice on my whole body.  I could feel my voice as it bounced back toward me from the seats and the immediacy of my words. And as I moved slowly from this spot the pressure from my voice lessened until I became aware of feeling my voice as I normally did in the world, as if the sound did not travel far, as if I was speaking into emptiness instead of fullness. 
 
Then, when I sat in the audience, as each person took this spot the sound of their voice was propelled throughout the 20,000 seats directly to me. It was as if they were sitting next to me casually speaking. The 500 feet between us became non-existent. And I know as an actor in present time theatres, you have to work hard to find the grace of a big voice that is unstrained.  And builders put a lot of money into creating spaces that do not compare to the natural acoustics at this site. 
 
The seats built into the mountain, the spot to speak from, the trees surrounding it all, they each supported the intention of the place. At Epidaurus, I was reminded how we can work with a place instead of against it.

So,
do your physical surroundings support your voice and your intention?  What if this is the year you notice these questions:  Where is the experience of your essential self supported by your physical world?  What is sacred about your home or the land you live on?

Here is a simple video of a walk I did through the outdoor sanctuary at Lourdes, a sacred healing site for Mother Mary in France. This place on earth holds a different kind of felt power. A calling to come from your heart.

http://youtu.be/kx-t3O7j3fk

In 2013, may you bring your voice, heart and physical surroundings into union.

Michelle Pelletier
Director of Body Alive
A center for awareness and transformation
 
See my website for  upcoming opportunities to work together.  Our work is tangible, concrete, focused and ultimately about self love.  http://www.michellepelletier.org

TRAINING
Intro to Awareness
Inner Light Program
Female Alchemy

PRIVATE SESSIONS
Your Spiritual Wealth, series
 Intuitive Bodywork, series
 Long Distance Mary Healings and Blessings, by appt.




No comments:

Post a Comment