Move through the booby traps

When we set off on a course of internal investigation, we meet many sides of our self we may not expect: defiance, innocence, and isolation. As we navigate our internal seas with grace, we begin to understand that everything we've internalized isn't necessarily true. Our spirit offers an alternative to our mind games.

Down the rabbit hole we go.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

I'm really curious!

Are we willing to admit to our self that we do not know something? It's an awkward feeling, not knowing.

When we learn to do a psychic reading and we find ourselves solo with our first readee,  we leave one state of mind, "Uh, I Don't Know... why Are you asking me?" and step into, "Yeah, I have no clue but I'm really curious to see what's going on, once I close my eyes."

Let me close my eyes and see. 

It is no small feat, though simple, to see and listen.  My students have been reminding me for 13 years, "It's sooo subtle but sooo powerful."  Taking this adventure into The Land of I Don't Know is what allows us to see and then know what is going on.  But it's an odd sensation at first.

In order to see, the first thing we have to do is cultivate curiosity. One of my friends would say this whenever she was in a jam, "I'm REALLY curious?!" And I love to imagine my psychic Nancy Drew Hat.

Curiosity is a psychic's best friend.  (Otherwise we end up doing the shopping list in our heads and gather no pertinent information for our self nor our readee.)  Once we have a hold of curiosity this is what happens:

1. We intend to see.
2. We see.
3. We talk about what we see.
4. We know what the heck we are seeing.

There can be a lot of waiting involved.

We close our eyes, we focus our attention on the question at hand and we wait. We wait for pictures, moving images, flashes of insight.  We sit in stillness with what we see. We are waiting for the depth of what we are looking at to unfold like a flower opening in the morning. This allows us to make sense of it. Then the reading takes off.  It gets easier. The pipe line to our own visionary experience expands. We ride these series of pictures like a wave, white knuckled, but then, we start to have fun.

Sometimes the only way to know is to talk about what we are seeing. The action of speaking puts us on top of the wave. We don't know where the vision is going to take us, but we enjoy the ride.

This is true for our life as well.  Speak your truth and see where your wave takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment